The ECMOTRAINER clinical skills trainer has been designed in collaboration with Dr Francis Juthier from the University of Lille Droit et Sante. This manikin is designed to train students to cannulate blood vessels for treatment with an extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine.
The manikin features the neck, torso and thigh of an adult male patient. The top cover of the model is made from rigid plastic for sturdiness and to protect the internal vascular system, but it can be dismantled from the base. This ECMO training simulator has been designed to be used for training in either femora-jugular or infemoro-femoral techniques. These areas are covered by flesh-like foam which imitate the soft tissues and human flesh through texture, coating and flexibility. Anatomical points for reference are included: clavicle and sternocleidomastoid muscle to enable femoro-jugular ECMO, and the antero-superior iliac spine and inguinal ligament to enable the femoral ECMO.
The femoral artery and vein are represented by tubes which are designed to be pierced and replaced. A water tank and pump simulate blood flow and are located in the torso and the pump is powered by battery which is rechargeable. The manufacturer recommends using water to simulate vascular flow.
This trainer is part of a range developed by French manufacturer Creaplast. AnatomyStuff.co.uk is the exclusive UK distributor for Creaplast products.
ECMOTRAINER Ecmo simulator
Made in France.
• Delivery to UK addresses, including Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.