The Male Catheterisation Simulator LF00855 allows nursing student to learn and practice the techniques of catherisation, one of the essential skills of nursing. The simulator allows for demonstration and practice of urinary catherterization without the need for patient volunteers. The simulator is also useful for anatomical identification and demonstration of perineal care.
For realistic practice a lubricated catheter can be inserted into the urethral orifice, passed through the urethra and into the bladder. When the bladder has been successfully entered, artificial urine will flow from the catheter. The student will feel all the normal restrictions caused by the mucosal folds, bulbous urethra, and the internal urethral sphincter, just prior to entrance into the bladder. This provides experience with proper positioning and movement of the penis to allow the catheter to pass with a mimimum of discomfort to the patient. The cuff can be completly deflated before the catheter is removed as with a real patient.
Comes with a hard carry case, lubricant, silicone catheter and instruction manual. Fluid supply stand not included. Please note: Improper use of a Foley catheter can result in damage to the simulator, as when using a Foley catheter with a real patient. Replacement Lubricant Kit (LF00985) available.
Download Male Catheterisation Simulator LF00855 product manual.
|Product details||Male Catheterisation Simulator LF00855 Carton size: 43 x 30 x 25 cm
Manufacturer's 5 year warranty included.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.