This heart 3D printed anatomy model shows a the external anatomy of the heart and the distal trachea, carina, and primary bronchi in the posterior mediastinum relative to the great vessels and left atrium (which demonstrates the pericardial reflections of the transverse and oblique pericardial sinuses).
The 3D Human Anatomy Series is the result of a collaboration between Monash University in Australia and German manufacturer Erler Zimmer. The 3D printed human anatomy models in this collection are highly accurate colour-augmented representations, designed to substitute the use of real human cadavers in anatomy education. Each model has been developed from radiographic data or cadaver specimins, providing a highly cost effective and ethical solution to meet the needs of medical, allied health and biological science educators.
An anterior window has been dissected into the right atrium and base of the auricle, exposing the right atrioventricular (tricuspid) valve and passage into the right ventricle. Both the right and left coronary arteries and named branches are visible (with the posterior interventricular artery arising from the right coronary artery). The left auricle has been sectioned to demonstrate the course of the circumflex artery in the coronary groove.
The cardiac veins have been removed, but the coronary sinus has been retained inferior to the left atrium. The pulmonary trunk has been removed to expose the (open) pulmonary semilunar valves, while the arch of the aorta is intact to display the origins of the brachiocephalic trunk, left common carotid, and left subclavian. Adjacent to the aorta, the termination of the left and right brachiocephalic veins and azygos vein into the superior vena cava is preserved.
• Delivery to UK addresses, including Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.