This 3D printed bowel model presents a small loop of jejenum and mesentery.
The 3D Human Anatomy Series is the result of a collaboration between Monash University in Australia and German manufacturer Erler Zimmer. The 3D printed human anatomy models in this collection are highly accurate colour-augmented representations, designed to substitute the use of real human cadavers in anatomy education. Each model has been developed from radiographic data or cadaver specimins, providing a highly cost effective and ethical solution to meet the needs of medical, allied health and biological science educators.
In this 3D printed jejenum model, a window into the mesentery, fat and visceral peritoneum has been removed to illustrate the arterial arcades in the mesentery (many long straight vasa rectae and fewer vascular arcades than in ileum). Also note the presence of lymph nodes (grey-light green) which are a prominent feature of the mesentery, especially near its root close to larger vessels. Classically the fat in the mesentery in the jejenum does not extend to the mesenteric border of the jejenum and would normally allow the observer to view the long straight vessels (vasa recti). However in this example from an individual with a reasonably large amount of abdominal fat, this ‘window’ is not apparent as fat extends further towards the mesenteric border of the jejenum.
A small segment of the lumen of the jejenum has been opened to reveal the nature of the mucosal folding (more folds and smaller folds than the ileum).
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.