In securing an airway, endotracheal intubation requires the highest skills and is accompanied by risks. This intubation simulator by Sakamoto provides exceptionally good and realistic intubation training, allowing emergency medicine students to:
The Airway Management Trainer features a tongue, epiglottis and pharynx which are reproduced realistically, with the tongue and mouth made of soft material. The front teeth (upper four) are made to break when pressure is exerted incorrectly and the teeth are used as a fulcrum while using a laryngoscope.
Determining incorrect intubation is also possible. When intubation and ventilation were carried out correctly, this is shown by simultaneous rising of the left and right chest. When only one lung is ventilated, the error is shown in that only one side will rise. When the tracheal tube has been mistakenly intubated into the oesophagus and air is sent, the abdomen will rise (stomach inflation), making it possible to determine the error. Parts of the model are purposefully made to be damaged if handled roughly.
Accessories that come with the Airway Management Trainer: 3 teeth, silicon oil, carrying case.
Airway Management Trainer
Dimensions: 52.7 x 24.1 x 41 cm
Weight: 9.53 kgs
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.