3B Birthing Simulator Basic
3B Birthing Simulator Basic
3 Year Warranty
Free UK Delivery on Orders over £50
Rated Excellent on Reviews.io
This new version of the popular childbirth simulator by 3B Scientific enables student practitioners to develop the skills needed for both normal and complicated deliveries and obstetric emergencies. This manikin can help to enhance and hone delivery skills, practise the following of protocols and teach how to react in an emergency situation.
The 3B Birthing Simulator 1022878 / P90BN (Light), 1023327 / P90D (Dark) allows students to view how manual interventions affect the foetus in-utero and provides training opportunities in the following delivery skills:
- Palpation and assessment of foetal position and presentation
- Diagnosis of all normal and abnormal foetal positions and presentations (like face, neck, or brow) to represent routine and difficult deliveries
- Normal vaginal delivery
- Normal delivery of umbilical cord and placenta
- Shoulder dystocia demonstration and management
- Breech deliveries (including complete, footling or incomplete, and frank breech presentation)
- Palpation of foetal fontanelles features
- Complete and incomplete placenta birth
- Demonstration of placenta previa: total, partial, and marginal.
- Prolapse of umbilical cord
- Nuchal umbilical cord
- Caesarean delivery through pre-cut incision
- Clamping and cutting of umbilical cord (can be cut and reused up to five times).
- Placenta residues can be broken off and that leave adherent placenta in the birth simulator during the afterbirth.
- Simulated suctioning of baby’s mouth and nose
- Pinard’s maneuver
- Mauriceu-Smellie-Veit maneuver
- Prague maneuver
- Woods maneuver
This birth trainer includes a life-size adult female lower torso which has anatomically correct landmarks including spine, pelvis and pelvic cavity and a fully articulating foetus which has an open mouth, tilting head, shoulder blade and anatomically correct fontanelles. The simulator also has an anti-slip base and handles for extra support.
The foetus position can be easily changed during the birthing process, including flexion, extension, internal and external rotation and restitution and descend. The parts can be easily changed using the pin connections.
Included with this product are: a 3B Scientific® birthing simulator P90BN/P90D BASIC, basic birth canal, detachable, padded stomach cover including a basic insert which offers a pre-cut caesarean section, fully articulating foetal baby model, lubricant, assembly kit, umbilical cord and placenta. This simulator has been constructed from durable soft vinyl with harder inner structures and silicone to ensure that it is easy to clean. Replacement parts are available to purchase, please contact us for more information.
The Basic version has connecting elements with which the birth simulator can be easily supplemented with additional elements such as the uterus insert and the attachment for safety straps on the base of the birth simulator. The planar vulva and cervix elements in the Basic version can also be replaced by the anatomically shaped vulva and cervix from the Pro version. This allows a rapid increase in the range of representation and intervention options. The3B Scientific® Birthing Simulator P90 BASIC can be upgraded to the PRO version with the Upgrade Kit 1020337 - please contact us for details.
3B Birthing Simulator Basic P90BN / 1022878 (previously P90B /1020332) (Light) P90D/ 1023327 (Dark)
Manufacturer: 3B Scientific
Model weight: 5.85 kg
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is FREE for all orders over £75.
- Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £6.00 for orders under £75.
- For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
- Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
- For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.