The Female Catheterisation Simulator LF00856 allows nursing student to learn and practice the techniques of catherization, one of the essential skills of nurses. The simulator allows for demonstration and practice of urinary catheterization without the need for patient volunteers. The simulator is also useful for anatomical identification and demonstration of perineal care.
For realistic practice a lubricated catheter can be inserted into the urethral orifice, passed through the urethra and into the bladder. When the bladder has been successfully entered, artificial urine will flow from the catheter. The student will feel all the normal restrictions caused by the mucosal folds, bulbous urethra, and the internal urethral sphincter, just prior to entrance into the bladder. The cuff must be completly deflated before the catheter is removed as with a real patient.
The model is of the torso of a middle aged woman with thighs abducted for proper position during catheterization. The external genitalia and perineum are molded in life-like detail. The labia minora can be spread apart naturally to reveal clitoris, urethral opening and vaginal introitus.
Catheter model comes with a hard carry case, lubricant, silicone catheter and instruction manual. Fluid supply stand not included. Please note: Improper use of a Foley catheter can result in damage to the simulator, as when using a Foley catheter with a real patient. Replacement Lubricant Kit (LF00985) available.
Download Female Catheterisation Simulator LF00856 product manual.
|Product details||Female Catheterisation Simulator Carton size: 43 x 30 x 25 cm
Manufacturer's 5 year warranty included.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.