This head section anatomy model by 3B Scientific presents a frontal section through the human paranasal sinuses covered with mucous membrane. The head model shows normal anatomy and the mechanism of ventilation on the left side, and signs of sinusitis (paranasal sinus inflammation) on the right.
The anatomy of the internal head structures are shown in a slightly simplified way in order to clearly demonstrate the ventilation routes of the frontal and maxillary sinuses. The physiological ventilation routes - emphasized with the blue arrow - are shown on the left hand side of the model.
In the area of the right nasal sinuses, congested mucosa can be seen as they appear for example when the nasal sinuses are inflamed (sinusitis). When this happens, correct ventilation is prevented because of the narrowing of the passages, and the secretions are unable to drain.
An ideal model for educating patients about the mechanisms of breathing and the causes and symptoms of sinusitis.
Head Section Model with Sinusitis 1012789 C13/1
• Delivery to UK addresses, including Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.