Micro-Preemie Premature Baby Simulator
Micro-Preemie Premature Baby Simulator
5 Year Warranty
Made in USA
Free UK Delivery on Orders over £50
Rated Excellent on Reviews.io
This updated "Micro-Preemie" Premature Baby Training Model by Life/Form is designed to help you give the best possible care to those patients born prematurely, a situation which can occur as often as one in every eight births.
This manikin represents a 25 week ELBW (extremely low birth weight) and is the smallest and most realistic pre-term infant available. The model is fully flexible with life-like skin, and displays a characteristic lack of muscle tone for realistic handling and positioning.
The Micro-Preemie allows for training in a range commonly performed clinical procedures, including:
- Airway, breathing, and ventilation / intubation / suctioning
- Features include realistic chest compressions; ET tube insertion; Bilateral lung expansion with visually dramatic chest rise; Unilateral chest movement option (collapsed lung and mainstem intubation); Positive pressure ventilation; Sellick maneuver; Chest rise and fall with mechanical ventilation; Auscultation of lung sounds during ventilation; Manually control rate and depth of respiration
- Stoma care
- Venous access
- Four dry pre-ported sites can accept an IV catheter or butterfly infusion needle: right temporal vein, left antecubital fossa, dorsum of left hand, and right saphenous vein; Patent umbilicus
- Chest tube
- A permanent site in the neonate’s right side accepts a nonfunctional 8-10 FR chest tube; Practice chest tube insertion and care of the chest tube area
- Baby care
- Practice cleaning, bathing, and nappy changing while neonate is in the incubator; Use cold cream to simulate cleaning vernix off of neonate’s delicate skin; Model is waterproof and completely immersible in water
- GI including nasogastric tube feeding/ OG tube insertion
- Left nostril accepts a functioning 5 FR nasogastric (NG) tube for practicing tube feeding and suctioning
- Neural tube defect (Myelomeningocele)
- Optional structure representing an open neural tube defect easily attaches to the back
- Observation and measurement (head, umbilicus, skin, etc.), and monitoring
- Skin and wound care
- Skin breakdown is visible in three typical sites: occiput (back of head) and both heels; Practice visual observation, care, prevention of skin breakdown, and bandaging
- Umbilicus with optional omphalocele attachment
- Soft, lifelike umbilicus has one functioning patent vessel; Practice placement of umbilical lines and blood withdrawal or infusion of fluids through a catheter using internal fluid reservoir.
- Various monitors, sensors, electrodes, etc., can be attached to the manikin wherever needed
An essential tool in training nurses, midwives, doctors and patients in proper care and handling techniques for those babies which have had multiple medical interventions: an ideal team training aid for multiples or other high-risk delivery and transport scenarios.
The "Micro-Preemie" Premature Baby Simulator includes a nappy, hat (colour may vary), umbilicus, omphalocele, neural tube defect, bilateral chest block, unilateral chest block, airway, 3 cc syringe, 25-gauge butterfly needle, lubricant, blood powder, and bulb and tube assembly. NG tube size 5 FR. ET tube size 5 mm ID.
Available in multiple skin tones.
Replacement parts are available to purchase: LF01282 Bilateral Chest Replacement, LF01283 Unilateral Chest Replacement, LF01284 Replacement Airway,
LF01285 Micro-Preemie Replacement Kit.
"Micro-Preemie" Premature Baby Simulator LF01280-LF01281
Model Dimensions: 30 x 10 x 47 cm
Manufacturer's 5 year warranty included.
- Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £75.
- Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is £6.00 for orders under £75.
- For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
- Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
- For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.