This Ostomy Training Model by Life/Form is designed to help introduce the essentials of ostomy care to patients and students. The simulator is ideal for demonstration and practice for several procedures.
The anatomy of both a colostomy and ileostomy are carefully reproduced to provide lifelike functions and appearance. Dilation of the stomas can be demonstrated and practiced, along with application of postoperative and permanent ostomy bags. The colostomy can actually be irrigated.
Syringes are included to pump materials through the unit to provide drainage and excretion at the ileostomy and colostomy. The syringes are inserted through ports in the back of the simulator. One pumps the ileostomy with clear water, or water tinted for exact realism, and the other syringe pumps synthetic stool to the colostomy. The consistency of the stool can be varied by using water to thin the material, and most of the stool can be salvaged and reused.
A soft, pliable material is used for the stomas in order to achieve a most realistic tactile sensation. The ostomy training model comes complete with a hard carry case, teaching guide, and a supply of simulated stool. Replacement Kit (LF00897) and Simulated Stool (LF00962) available.
|Product details||Life/Form Ostomy Care Simulator Trainer - LF00906
Model dimensions: 46 x 46 x 30 cm
Manufacturer's 5 year warranty included.
• Delivery to UK addresses, including Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.