Patient Care Manikin Basic
Patient Care Manikin Basic
5 Year Warranty
Free UK Delivery on Orders over £50
Every Purchase Supports our Charity Partners
This full body nursing simulator has been developed to aid training and best practice in patient care and basic nursing skills. A range of skills can be practiced on this manikin including first aid and standard nursing practices
The 3B Scientific Patient Care Manikin Basic 1018817 / P11/1 represents a life-sized adult patient with interchangeable genitals and natural movement of the joints, arms and legs for realistic positioning, including sitting in a bed without special support. It has been manufactured from water-resistant and durable plastic for a long-lasting, damage-resistant model for every day training use.
The following nursing and auxilliary care techniques can be practiced on this nursing simulation dummy:
Patient and personal care:
- Transfer skills: lifting, carrying, and moving a patient
- Bed care of a patient
- Position changing and alignment of a patient
- Bathing a patient and genital care
- Hair care (washing, combing, drying)
- Care and cleaning of eyes, ears and nose
- Personal hygiene and mouth denture care (partially removable prosthesis)
- Bandaging (includes amputation stump)
- Wound treatment and care (surgical staple seam, laceration and abrasions)
- Communication skills
- Prevention of bedsores, decubitus evaluation (stages 2-4) and decubitus care
- Prevention of muscle cramps
- Prevention of pneumonia
- Prevention of blood clots (thromboses)
- Prevention of healthcare associated infection (HAI) by measures of medical asepsis and clean techniques
- Inhalation therapy
- Oxygen inhalation
- Use of ventilation bag (mouth to mouth and mouth to nose)
- Artificial respiration and oxygen treatment
- Care of tracheostomy
- Care of Diabetic Foot Syndrome (DFS)
- Ostomy care (colostomy)
- Irrigation of eyes and ears
- Intramuscular injections (buttocks)
- Subcutaneous injections (upper arms and thighs)
- Subcutaneous infusions
A comprehensive training model for nursing simulation, which meets the OBRA requirements of Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (NATCEP).
The 3B Scientific Patient Care Manikin Basic model is supplied Injection pads, talcum powder, amputation stump, inserts with wound depictions (upper arm and thigh), and tools for fitting.
A PRO version of this model (1018816 / P10/1) with removable organs for advanced nursing training is available, or an upgrade kit (1000504 / P19) can also be purchased. Replacement parts are available for this patient care model, please contact us for further information.
Product height: 174 cm. Weight: 18 kg
Manufacturer: 3B Scientific
Manufacturer's Full 5 Year Warranty.
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is FREE for all orders over £50.
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is £4.50 for orders under £50.
- For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
- Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
- For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.