The Prader Orchidometer is a chain of 12 numbered beads of increasing size from 1 to 25 ml used to measure the volume of the human testicles. The beads are compared to the testicles of the patient and allowing a volume measurement to be recorded. Pre-pubertal sizes (yellow) are 1 to 3 ml, pubertal sizes are 4 to 12 ml (orange) and adult sizes are 15 to 25 ml (red).
Discrepancy of testicular size with other parameters of maturation can be an important clue to various diseases . Small testes can indicate either primary or secondary hypogonadism. Testicular size can help distinguish between different types of precocious puberty. Since testicular growth is typically the first physical sign of true puberty, one of the most common uses is as a confirmation that puberty is beginning in a boy with delay. Large testes (macroorchidism) can be a clue to one of the most common causes of fragile X syndrome.
The Prader Beads come with key card and carrying case. Ideal for endocrinology students and endocrinologists.
|Product details||Prader Testicle Orchidometer Beads - 135H
Manufacturer: ESP Models
Comes with manufacturer's One Year Warranty
Made in the UK.
**COVID-19 UPDATE**We are still supplying our customers with a full range of products but due to safety measures in place to protect our warehouse staff, please be aware that there may be a delay to dispatch of some orders. We are doing our best to fulfil all orders as quickly as we can and we thank you for your patience.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.