This basic catheter skills simulator P93B-M / 1020232 model enables male bladder catheterisation techniques to be realistically demonstrated, practised and assessed. The genital insert is held in place using magnets. The material has been designed to be soft and flexible to offer realism: the foreskin can be moved and the penis stretched to enable the students to practise effectively.
The male catheterization trainer has been designed to offer resistance when the catheter is being inserted and the catheter can be inserted to the correct depth. The simulation will also allow fluid to flow out through the tube, when correctly inserted, as it would with a real patient. The transparent bladder can allow the catheter tube to be checked. This male insert offers three different levels of width of urethra. When it is set to the narrowest setting, it is not possible to catheterise and the student should conclude that a suprapubic catheter will be needed. The simulator is easy to clean, quick to set up and dismantle and is secure for use thanks to non-slip feet.
Please note: catheters with a curved tip should not be used. It is recommended that catheters with only one or two drainage eyes opposite each other be used. Recommended sizes: urethral narrowing “open” 16 CH catheter or 14 CH balloon catheter. Urethral narrowing “partial narrowing” 14 CH catheter or 12 CH catheter. Catheters can be made from either silicone or PVC. It is recommended that when using the simulation, lubricating gel (not included) should be placed into the urethra or on the tip of the catheter to ensure that the catheter can be smoothly inserted. This product is supplied with stands with magnetic connections for genital inserts, catherization set with transparent bladder, bottle and tube connectors.
|Product details||Catheterization Simulator BASIC, Male P93B-M / 1020232
Manufacturer: 3B Scientific
Product dimensions: 36 x 11 26.5 cm. Weight: 2.3 kg
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.