Haemorrhage Control Leg Trainer
Haemorrhage Control Leg Trainer
Made in Germany
Free UK Delivery on Orders over £50
Every Purchase Supports our Charity Partners
This 3B Scientific Haemorrhage Control Leg Trainer is a unique medical skills trainer designed to help medical students learn about haemorrhage control. This training model shows haemorrhage control on the lower extremity with life-like wounds and bleeding simulation.
Created to help medical students and professionals improve pre-hospital patient care, this trainer allows hands-on training experience in haemorrhage control, by using wound packing and tourniquet applications. This trauma simulator is suitable for Tactile Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and Civilian Casualty Care training.
This Haemorrhage Control Leg Trainer by 3B Scientific is a great training tool for creating realistic training sessions, focussing on bleeding control and management of traumatic injuries to the thigh. Students will gain both knowledge and confidence in managing complex bleeding using tourniquets, wound packing and amputation management skills.
The 3B Scientific Haemorrhage Control Leg Trainer simulates three different wound patterns:
- Deep laceration (around 4 cm deep) in the groin area
- Gunshot wound through and through (GSW) with entry and exit wound on the upper thigh
- Amputation in the knee region
Included with the medical trainer is a manual blood pump system with artificial blood. The artificial blood can travel to multiple locations; either one, two or all three wounds at once. Multiple scenarios of venous or arterial pulsatile blood haemorrhage can be created. The student will receive direct feedback, once the application of the chosen haemorrhage control technique is successfully in place, the bleeding will stop.
The following haemorrhage control procedures can be practiced with this simulator:
Limb tourniquet application:
Place the tourniquet either "high and tight" at the proximal end of the wound, or 5-8cm above the wound. When applied correctly the bleeding will automatically stop. Dual tourniquet application can also be taught with this training model.
Both the junctional and gunshot wound can be packed with gauze, whilst the deep-lying lacerated tube is able to be palpated manually at the injured blood vessel. Stump / Large area wound dressing can also be carried out on this medical training model.
Haemostatic device application:
The gunshot wounds are compatible for an application of the XSTAT haemostatic device.
Drop knee technique:
This technique is possible when scenarios which exclude a junctional wound are created. A wound cover is included for this purpose.
The Haemorrhage control training simulator has a range of features, including:
- Full leg of an adult male with realistic outer anatomy of amputation in the knee region.
- High quality SKINlike sturdy silicone skin to simulate human skin and tissue haptics.
- Bony landmarks and palpable vessel damaged in the GSW.
- Real-time direct feedback. When the tourniquet has been correctly applied (placement and closing), the bleeding will stop (mechanical occlusion of blood vessels).
- The application of the tourniquet can be made “high and tight” or 5- 8 cm (2”-3”) above the wound.
- Each wound can be hidden with a dedicated cover to offer modular injury scenarios.
- Each wound bleeds independently.
- Designed for practical, in-field use.
- Sturdy construction, no batteries or external power are required.
- Easy to clean and transport (carry case included).
- Great realistic low-cost trainer for repetitive training.
- Trauma leg with 3 different traumatic wounds
- 2 wound covers
- Manual blood pump system
- Carrying bag
- Blood reservoir for 2 litres
- Concentrate of artificial blood 250 ml
Please note: tourniquets are not included in the delivery scope.
To find out more about the 3B Scientific Hemmorhage Control Arm Trainer, please read td the Product Manual.
Haemorrhage Control Leg Trainer - 1023106 / P103 (Light), 1023314 / P103D (Dark)
Product dimensions: 91.0cm x 10.2cm x 8.9cm
Manufacturer: 3B Scientific
Made in the USA
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is FREE for all orders over £50.
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is £4.50 for orders under £50.
- For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
- Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
- For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.