This obesity education model consists of two cross-sections of the hip area, one representing a "pear shaped" body and the other an "apple shaped" body.
The pear shape cross section is referred to as: "Pear body fat distribution pattern" or "lower body fat", mainly composed of subcutaneous fat. The apple shape cross section is referred to as: "Apple body fat distribution pattern" or "intra-abdominal fat". Intra-abdominal fat can be composed of visceral and subcutaneous fat.
In addition the anatomy model illustrates effects of obesity on the body, such as compression from visceral fat on the colon, common iliac artery and veins, ureter, small intestine, femoral nerve, etc.
The obesity model comes with an education card including a comparison of apple, pear, and a normal shape hip areas, and a removeable stand included.
|Product details||Obesity / Body Type Anatomy Model 3600
Model dimensions: Pear shape approx 11 x 14 x 9 cm / Apple shape 9.5 x 14 x 9 cm
Manufacturer: GPI Anatomicals
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.