Peter PICC Line™ is designed for the training in the placement of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Lines (PICC Lines).
The rapid acceptance and increased use of PICC lines creates a need to be able to properly teach this procedure. Peter PICC Line™ allows the teaching, practice and assessment of this insertion technique. This portable teaching model has a replaceable translucent arm skin that allows the visualisation of the underlying cephalic, basilic and median basilic veins which are presented as barely visible blue veins.
The superior vena cava, subclavian, axillary and jugular veins are also present, plus a moveable chin that simulates the occlusion of the jugular to prevent the PICC Line from travelling this route. Proper placement can be confirmed by viewing the distal tip of the PICC in the viewable superior vena cava on the side of the model. Sterile technique can be taught as well as practiced.
The PICC Line trainer comes with removable ribs and overlying tissue pad. The ribs are palpable permitting the practice of measuring catheter length to the correct intercostal space and confirming proper measurement by viewing the distal tip in the SVC. The life-sized model permits the supplies needed for a PICC insertion to be laid out and sterile technique taught as well as practiced. Includes a durable padded, carrying case with handles and a supplies pouch. NOTE: Blue veins are made of natural latex.
Included parts with the Peter PICC Line™ training model:
An invaluable addition to your clinical skills training suite.
Peter PICC Line Simulator
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Northern Ireland, is FREE for all orders over £50.
• Delivery to UK addresses, excluding Norther Ireland, is £4.50 for orders under £50.
• For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
• Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
• For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.