Spine Degeneration Model
Spine Degeneration Model
5 Year Warranty
Free UK Delivery on Orders over £50
Rated Excellent on Reviews.io
This model shows the stages of disc prolapse and vertebral degeneration in various degrees. The degenerative changes to the vertebral bodies and intervertebral discs of the lumbar spine are shown in anatomical detail.
The vertebra model is based on the original cast of a human lumbar spine, showing even the finest bone structures accurately. The following conditions are shown from top to bottom on the spine model:
- Intervertebral disc in healthy condition
- Lumbar vertebra (L1) without degenerative changes
- Intervertebral disc with protrusion
- Lumbar vertebra (L2) with beginning degenerative changes
- Intervertebral disc with medial prolapse
- Lumbar vertebra (L3) with advanced degenerative changes
- Intervertebral disc with intraforaminal prolapse on the right
- Lumbar vertebra (L4) with strong degenerative changes and bony constriction of the left intervertebral foramen
- Extremely narrowed intervertebral disc
- Lumbar vertebra (L5) with strong degenerative changes and bony constriction of the left intervertebral foramen with pressure on the spinal nerve root L5 on the left.
The spine degeneration model can be disassembled into vertebrae and intervertebral discs for closer inspection, and comes supplied on base.
The A795 / 1000158 Spine Model features the following anatomical details which are labelled in Latin and English on the keycard provided:
1 Intervertebral disc
2 Lumbar vertebra I
3 Lumbar vertebra II
4 Spondylophyte (bony outgrowth)
5 Lumbar vertebra III
6 Lumbar vertebra IV
7 Lumbar vertebra V
8 Spinal nerve L5
9 Spinal nerve L4
10 Spinal nerve L3
11 Spinal nerve L2
12 Spinal nerve L1
13 Spinal cord
14 Zygapophysial (facet) joint (between articular processes)
15 Healthy intervertebral disc
16 Disc protrusion
17 Dorso-medial disc prolapse (into the spinal canal)
18 Dorso-lateral disc prolapse
19 Degenerative intervertebral disc
This model comes with 3B Scientific 3B Smart Anatomy app included for FREE. This features access to an anatomy course, including 3 digital anatomy lectures, 117 different virtual anatomy models and 39 anatomy quizzes. It also offers a FREE warranty upgrade from 3 to 5 years with every product registration. To unlock these benefits, scan the label located on your 3B Scientific anatomy model and register online.
Model Dimensions: 22 cm high
Model Weight: 0.5 kg
Manufacturer: 3B Scientific
Comes with manufacturer's Full 5 Year Warranty.
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is FREE for all orders over £75.
- Delivery to UK mainland addresses (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands) is £6.00 for orders under £75.
- For delivery to non-mainland UK and European destinations, please contact us for a postage quote.
- Please see the delivery estimate in the product information above for an indication of UK delivery times.
- For oversize or special order products, an additional shipping and / or restocking charge may apply, however we will inform you if this is the case prior to fulfilment of the order.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us in an unused condition within 14 days for a refund. A return authorisation number is required for all returns, please contact us for this information if you would like to make a return.